Quotes in the News

“A diet of cheap and excessive debt has created a bloated financial system.” - Satyajit Das on the fall of the Subprime Loan Market in the US.

Wednesday, November 7, 2007

I am, therefore I exist as a Leader

I am currently enrolled in day 3 of the the "Developing Leadership Impact: Executive Retreat. This is a personal leadership course that is administered by Royal Roads University. Within the 15 participants of this week long course, 12 of us are from the same Ministry.

I will update everyone further on my time here but needless to say that it has been pretty exhausting so far. The sessions run form 8:30am to about 6:00pm with work sessions in the evenings where 3 groups of 5 have been assigned a team project. The analysis is for Royal BC Museum and their struggles to engage British Columbians and thereby improving there bottom line. Challenges exist in a changing demographic, multitude of entertainment and recreational options, and a declining tourism industry in the rise of the CDN Dollar.

I will post our presentation at a later date to illustrate some of our recommendations.

My 2 thoughts anyways.......

No comments: