Quotes in the News

“A diet of cheap and excessive debt has created a bloated financial system.” - Satyajit Das on the fall of the Subprime Loan Market in the US.

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Who said Halloween is "dead"??

Who ever said halloween is dead (at least from the perspective of trick-or-treaters) is obviously not living Surrey. My wife and I fielded between 130 and 140 kids yesterday. I would say that close to 80% were below the age of 6-7 which means plenty will be back next year as well. I only counted 5-10 that weren't in any sort of costume.


All week I had been asking co-workers what their experience had been with the level of kids coming on halloween. I was told by most that halloween had died down and that most kids don't go out or go to the mall to trick-or-treat. Your kidding right? The mall! Where is the halloween spirit in mass commercialization. Wait a minute, this is halloween right, a holiday that bears no real resemblance to anything religious (link here) and yet is observed by most western and latin countries around the globe. In any event, we didn't buy much candy which forced me to make an emergency trip to the local Safeway.


Now we have too much candy, but at least we know for next year.


My 2 thoughts anyways...


No comments: