Quotes in the News

“A diet of cheap and excessive debt has created a bloated financial system.” - Satyajit Das on the fall of the Subprime Loan Market in the US.

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Zoom Challenge - Finished


While the Zoom Challenge has finished (officially yesterday as I didn't account for a 12:00am finish) and I am the guy in second place. I ended up 1880th in the world although it may have been lower as I had neglected to upload my 7' 25" time. If you read between the lines, that also means I was not able to improve on that time prior to today's deadline.

In my eagerness to get there, I ran hard on Monday (but suffered fatigue from the weekend of no activity :P). I did farleks on Tuesday but it was nice and cool so I decided to go for a longer run then usual. Today I could feel that my energy level was not rampant but I still tried to give it my best shot. 2 laps in, I clocked 3' 30", on route to a 7' 00" minute run. However, that's where my energy died and a short 20 second walk followed by trying to force my legs to run faster made a final time of 7' 53" minutes.

So where do we go from here, I will keep trying to break the 7' barrier but without the deadline I able to put a few days of more casual runs in between to give myself a break. I am still addicted to the short intense runs so I will keep anyone reading posted of my ongoing feedback. I will visit Nike+ to see if their are any other challenges I want to get involved.

My 2 thoughts anyways....

No comments: